Photo Credit: Wikimedia
[ Author: Danny Cooper ]
The apostle Paul was hurting, we are not told how, why, or what the problem was but in 2 Corinthians 12, verses 7-9 Paul said the following; “ So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
Photo Attribution: Pixabay
[ Author: Rich Christian ]
There’s No Cause for Concern
Recently in one of our Facebook groups, the question was asked: “Why was Jesus [sic] name Jesus rather than Emmanuel [sic]?”. This person also wondered, that because Jesus wasn’t actually named Immanuel, maybe this is one of the reasons why the Jews, by and large, rejected Him as the messiah. The passage being referred to is Isaiah 7:14.
Photo Credit: Pixabay
[ Author: Laura Rupers ]
Before government land offices were established, many early American settlers were squatters who set up farms on land that they did not own. Later settlers, known as claim jumpers, tried to take the squatters’ land away through intimidation, double-dealing, and outright theft.
Photo Credit: Pixabay
[ Author: Sally Peterson ]
How is salvation found? By means of faith or by means of an organization? The Watchtower teaches that one must be a member of the organization to be saved from Armageddon. Where is this found in Scripture?
1. Your sect has it’s own Bible translation
2. Your hierarchy of leaders claim to be God’s only channel/representative on earth
3. There is no salvation outside of your organization
4. Your group claims to be a restoration of Christianity
5. Your organization has inspired books (and study aids) which contain revelations/information that only your sect is “aware” of
6. Date setting concerning end times events has been an integral part of your organization’s history
7. Differing exegesis of scripture/doctrine is not allowed, uniformity is the order of the day
8. You need your organization to understand the Bible, independent Bible reading/study is not encouraged
9. Former members of your group are demonized, shunned, and off limits for association
10. Your standing/status in the organization is dependent upon works
Description: I have never met a Mormon or Jehovah’s Witness that had read the Bible cover to cover before joining their religion. Is that alarming to you like it is to me?
By Carson Weitnauer
Orthodox, Biblical Christianity teaches there are only two ways to heaven:
- Live a perfect, sinless life or
- Experience forgiveness of your sins through faith in Jesus.
Furthermore, given that heaven is a place of moral perfection and endless joy, we are taught to be grateful that option #2 even exists. That is, Jesus’ entrance into our world as a human being, his holy life and sublime teachings, his agonizing death, and his glorious resurrection from the dead are not events which are to be taken for granted.